Friday, June 29, 2012

Willy Nilly Silly Old Bear





It's been a crazy couple of weeks. Between being sick, working, writing for Global Animal Magazine, writing my cartoon, being sick again, and getting ready for school, I'm beat. I was doing some research for my cartoon (I'm in grad school for film and television writing) and I started looking at scripts from shows I loved most as a child. Winnie the Pooh was by far my favorite. I had no idea how much wisdom that silly old bear bestowed upon my 3-year-old self. I started to tear up. The words suddenly had more meaning then they did back then. The message and core values somehow streched past the hundred acre wood and into my heart again. We never stop struggling to become better people but somewhere along the way our meaning of better changes to something like more successful and remembering to be a good person gets thrown out in the pursuit. I think we'd all be better off if we thought a little less like adults and more like children every once in a while. So here are a few of my favorite lines. (for a man who created a bear of very little brain, A.A. Milne was a genius.)  


“How do you spell 'love'?" - Piglet
"You don't spell it...you feel it." - Pooh” 



“Weeds are flowers, too, once you get to know them.” 


“Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.” - Christopher Robin to Pooh


“Sometimes,' said Pooh, 'the smallest things take up the most room in your heart.” 


“You can't stay in your corner of the Forest waiting for others to come to you. You have to go to them sometimes.” 


“We'll be Friends Forever, won't we, Pooh?' asked Piglet.
Even longer,' Pooh answered.” 



“It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?” 


“Just because an animal is large, it doesn't mean he doesn't want kindness; however big Tigger seems to be, remember that he wants as much kindness as Roo.” 


“If the person you are talking to doesn't appear to be listening, be patient. It may simply be that he has a small piece of fluff in his ear.” 


“What day is it?"
It's today," squeaked Piglet.
My favorite day," said Pooh.” 



“How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard.” 


PS- watching Sleepless In Seattle tonight in honor of Nora Ephron. She will be missed...


(photo from pinterest)

No comments:

Post a Comment