Monday, May 28, 2012

MONDAY MENTAL HEALTH





After spending years working in palliative care (caring for patients the last 12 weeks of their lives), nurse Bronnie Ware began recording her patients dying epiphanies on her blog, Inspiration and Chai. Eventually it became so popular she wrote a book, The Top Five Regrets Of The Dying. Ware writes that people gain incredible clarity and vision at the end of their lives, and that when it came to regrets common themes would surface again and again. So we can learn from their wisdom, here they are: 


1.  I wish I'd had the courage to live a life true to myself, not the life others expected of me.

2. I wish I hadn't worked so hard.

3. I wish I'd had the courage to express my feelings.

4.  I wish I had stayed in touch with my friends.

5.  I wish that I had let myself be happier.

I really really really don't want to be thinking any of these things near the end or ever. Which I guess means trying to keep these in mind every day. :)


(photo from here)

No comments:

Post a Comment