Saturday, April 28, 2012

AMERICAN GIRL GOES TO CHINA TOWN

Last weekend my new friends Jenny and Jerry took me to one of LA's "China Towns", and it was awesome.  I've been to the Chinese markets in NY and San Fran and it was nothing like either one. It was almost like a strip mall of asian stores with a gigantic grocery filled with extremely affordable yummy goodies I have never seen before.  Here are a few pictures from the day: 

For lunch we had Vietnamese pho - a type of noodle soup with fresh vegetables and meat. It was delicious. Mine came with thin slices of raw beef on the side, when you put them in the soup they cooked perfectly. This gigantic bowl was only 6 dollars and could have fed at least two people. 

An entire aisle filled with hundreds of different types of ramen! All a dollar or less. A college kids dream!

This tubed mayonnaise made me laugh.

I had never tried dragon fruit before and I loved it.


Fresh fish, crab, and shell fish. 


So many types of nooodlesss. And pretty pink packaging :)


I can't wait to go back!!!!

PS- yes, I did get strange looks taking so many pictures in grocery store. 

No comments:

Post a Comment